Evacuated Tubes – Rinnai
SolarHub uses Rinnai for their evacuated tubes solution for solar hot water. Rinnai is a company who have been providing Australians with their innovative and reliable gas products for over 40 years, and is trusted throughout the industry. This evacuated tube solar system is environmentally friendly, able to withstand cold temperatures, and has a high efficiency to absorb the maximum solar energy available.
Evacuated tubes are great for solar hot water solutions, and are perfect for varying family sizes, with the adaptability for different tank sizes depending on desired usage. The Rinnai also consists of a tank supplemented by an electric or gas booster, a collector to heat the water, and a pump to circulate water between the two. To maximise benefits, the collector is ideally installed on a north facing roof and pitched between 20° and 60° but slight variations on this are acceptable and can still produce great results for home owners.
How Do They Work?
- Cold water is pumped through the tank and into the cylindrical tubes on the roof collector
- The sun’s heat is captured in a vacuum sealed outer tube, then transferred to an inner tube in the collector
- The heat rises up to a manifold located at the top of the tubes, where the heat is transferred to water
- This heated water is fed from the tank into the household
- Available with electric boost or continuous flow gas boost
- Minimal impact on the aesthetics of your roofline
- Frost tolerant for temperatures as low as -12° C
- A sacrificial anode is provided in the tank for added protection
- 15 years warranty on the solar collectors
- 5 years warranty on the storage tanks